Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year. A New Start.

It has been three months since my last update. I've been stressed, busy and more busy. Trying to keep up with the demands of work and family in addition to the holidays. I have survived the holidays and have started a new year. A new year, a new decade, a new start. One more chance to make things better.

Ten years ago I was just graduating with my Master's degree and still trying to find a job. Now, I am returning to that same university for a job. It is a part-time temporary position, for the Spring semester only. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I was there before in the same position, the semester before my son was born, so this isn't completely new to me, just three years later.

We are still working on our home. I have made lots of progress with the clutter in our home but then there was Christmas. Now I feel like I am starting all over again.

As I type this, my husband is outside working to put up an awning on a portion of the back part of our house. It will serve as a covered patio area and it will provide our back door with shelter from the elements. After the awning is finished, the plan is to replace the back door and add a storm door.

My beautiful son will be three in February. Thankfully, he is napping right now. I'm not sure how he got so big, but he sure has grown a lot in the last few months. His personality is really growing too. He laughs and teases and plays. He continues to be a constant challenge but at the same time he is the most beautiful child I have ever seen. I am so proud of him and I pray for continued help and guidance in giving him what he needs.

Hmm...speaking of prayer.....time to get ready for Saturday evening church!

1 comment:

  1. Are you still here? I know it's hard to write and keep up with work...

    ReplyDelete