Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sunny and Weary

It's a beautiful day in South Central Louisiana. A breeze is blowing, the sun is shining and it is 79 degrees at 11am. My clothes are drying on the line and I've spent some time decluttering my living room this morning. My son has been playing outside for most of the morning. I have tomatoes growing in my backyard. Ahh, so nice!

Despite all of that, I'm weary. Emotionally, I feel numb and physically, I'm tired. I've had a lot to deal with over the last two weeks. Two deaths in my extended family and two elderly family members in the hospital. A lot of stress for me at work.

Husband and I took our son and his parents to Wadill Wildlife Refuge in celebration of National Hunting and Fishing Day, this past weekend. A good time was had by all. The heat must not have agreed with me though because I woke up Sunday morning with an upset stomach and haven't been quite myself since. I got overheated and was having a hard time staying hydrated while we were there. No one else was sick, so I don't think it was anything that I ate.

Funeral home tonight and then I'll be working the weekend and Monday. Hopefully I can rest/relax some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment